Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix Crashing on Roku and TV not responding 2024

Hi, @Lemonhead 

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We understand that you've encountered an issue with the Netflix app, and we're here to help. Kindly follow the instructions below to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

If the issue persists after performing the steps above, we'd like to collect for more details regarding the issue. Please provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Channel build version

Your response will be helpful so that this issue will be addressed.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Pressing the home and then back button 5 times does nothing on my Roku stick. 

Netflix crashes and needs to be fixed.

0 Kudos

Didn't work

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@K9Unbridled, just to be clear, the Back button is next to the Home button.  It's not the left arrow, the rewind button, or the instant replay button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @K9Unbridled 

Welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand that you are having the same issue as reported by other users in this thread. Can you please provide the requested information I have posted above this thread? It will be a helpful contribution to our investigation about this issue.

We hope for your response in this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.