Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jagman628
Reel Rookie

My weather channel app is not working

Jump to solution

Weather channel app crashes after logo and clouds back to the desktop. I’ve tried everything listed numerous times , this is the only app that reacts this way. I do have a paid subscription, which reports successful after log in passwords ,but kick right back Roku homepage

IMG_5970.jpeg

IMG_5969.jpeg

I’ve contacted Weather channel tech support, it’s been 2 weeks. Unacceptable., I can’t be the only one experiencing this , after the last update. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My weather channel app is not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Jagman628,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Weather channel. Help is here. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jagman628,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a channel playback issue. We'd be glad to check more to see how we can assist! We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues.

Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel."
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here.

Please keep us posted on what you find out!

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jagman628
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the feed back. Unfortunately as requested I am experiencing the exact same problem. Removed Weather channel app. Performed power cycle of Roku. Reinstalled Weather Channel app, via my Roku account, Opened the app, was greeted with the log on screen , compiled my email along  with password. Received a momentary successful screen with a check mark . And Bam!! Back to the Roku Home Screen.  I’m  Ready for the next troubleshoot procedures. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jagman628,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with your Weather channel. Help is here. If the issue persists on one channel after attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If there is anything else we can do to help you, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jagman628
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you John, I do appreciate all the due diligence done to resolve this problem. I have reached out to you the Weather Channel technical support approximately 2weeks ago A ticket was created, and email communication has been established.We shall see how engaged there customers support technical service is.I will leave this ticket open , to post further comments, and received communication with the Weather Channel. 
Thank you for your help,

0 Kudos
jfh2

Jump to solution

When I select The Weather Channel, the channel's logo appears then disappears. I have a yearly subscription expiring in Feb. 2024 I guess the moral is to never pay for a yearly subscription

Jagman628
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I was in contact again today , they rest assure that a software update is presently in the works .. I Agee, with you on not subscribing annual .  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.