Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YnoTonyB

My roku keeps turning off or going back to home apps after selecting a channel??

Basically what you’re saying is you don’t have any idea why my Netflix, Amazom(sometimes), Hulu(sometimes too), why these channels cut off for no reason? All the “helpful hints” you gave us are childlike & don’t fix the root problem.  Obviously, it’s to do w/the OS in the Roku itself. What are you going to do about it before we start spreading that Roku is selling a subpar product & has zero idea how to fix it?!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: My roku keeps turning off or going back to home apps after selecting a channel??

Hi @YnoTonyB,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and reaching out for help today. We would be more than happy to help you fix this. Let's try to follow the steps below for troubleshooting.

1. Remove the affected channels by highlighting them from the channel tile, and pressing the star (*) button. Then select the remove option.
  2. Do a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > System Restart.
  3. Add the channels back by searching for them from the "Streaming Store."

Once performed, kindly check to see if the issue has been resolved. Keep us updated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tschneid58

Re: My roku keeps turning off or going back to home apps after selecting a channel??

Your solution for the problem has fixed my issue.  Thanks

0 Kudos