Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TinyBogD
Reel Rookie

Buffer issues all channels randomly

I have a 2020 premier. I have a gig internet connection., excellent signal & 65mbps download. Reset device and router as per recommended steps. 
all channels have with in the last 3 weeks started buffering at random times. I monitor my internet connection during the buffering and all of my other devices work fine. Is the Roku starting to die?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Buffer issues all channels randomly

Hi, @TinyBogD 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with your Roku Premier having a buffering issue, and we'd like to take a closer look at this so we can assist you in resolving the issue. Kindly provide the details below:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
  • What specific apps/channels are affected by the buffering issue? Also, does it only occur with certain apps or every app that you stream?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far in an attempt to resolve the issue?

With more information aside from the details we have asked for, we can understand your concern better and we can address the problem at hand.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TinyBogD
Reel Rookie

Re: Buffer issues all channels randomly

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    3 weeks or so ago

• What specific apps/channels are affected by the buffering issue? Also, does it only occur with certain apps or every app that you stream?
    Directv, Peacock, Prime Video, Youtube, Disney, Roku Channel, MAX, ESPN, Tubi, Hulu, Angel, and Paramount.

• What troubleshooting steps have you attempted so far in an attempt to resolve the issue?
    Reset the WiFi router 2X, reset the Roku 1X, Cleared the apps on the Roku and re-downloaded them.
    Reset the WiFi settings on the Roku. Setup ping to google.com on my laptop left it running for a time and waited for ROKU to let directv to buffer, I did the same for Peacock, Prime Video, Youtube, Disney, ping stayed consistent @ 35 ms. 

Other devices on the network ar working correctly including 1 FireStick,  1 ROKU TV, 1 ROKU Ultra, 3 laptops, 1 pc, 1 smart home hub, and a polk sound bar.

Not a nube by far, make a living at network stuff.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.