Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My new Roku Ultra keeps losing its HDMI connection to my TV

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. I went into setting, system, power and found a setting that automatically turns off the ROKU Ultra power after 20 minutes. I turned that automatic shut down OFF. Everything has been fine since.

0 Kudos
AgentX
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you! You may be my new BFF.  How infuriating this is happening.  

0 Kudos
Lokjaws
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s the gift that keeps on giving! =p

0 Kudos
AgentX
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ugh stopped working.  I’m back to “no network detected” page and having to get up and manually changing HDMI

0 Kudos
BRocker43
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I found that the quickest and easiest fix was just to power it down and back up again, or use a restart in the settings menu.  Clearly there was no improvement from swapping out hdmi cables.  The problem lies in the Roku hdmi connector, Roku software, or Roku internal hardware.  All I can say is that mine pretty much disappeared after about a year, which I assumed was due to a Roku software update, but that’s probably not correct since so many other folks are having the same problem.  I don’t think either that Roku ever fessed up as to what caused it.

0 Kudos
PeggyMae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Been almost 4 months now and the fix has worked. 

0 Kudos
tomlange
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had to resort to a hardware approach. I took an open-end usb cable and attached the power leads to a relay. The relay contacts break into an extension cord that feeds the ROKU power adapter. This starts the ROKU from scratch instead of already being powered up and running. All of the tv HDMI is ready before the ROKU HDMI starts to communicate, which appears to have been the problem. The ROKU folks could probably just put in some sort of delay to the HDMI port to allow the tv to "boot".

0 Kudos
tomlange
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I forgot to mention that the usb cable that feeds my relay gets plugged into the tv usb port. That way, when the tv is turned on, it switches on the roku wall wart instead of it being powered on all the time.

ksiemb
Reel Rookie

HDMI Intermittant Problems Detecting

Jump to solution

Roku will connect fine, week after week after week, but occasionally it will get a connection error pertaining to the HDMI. I unplug the HDMI from the ROKU connection and plug it back in. Then get the message to press the down key on my Original Samsung Remote. Then things resume normally for awhile.

If it works once why not ALL THE TIME ? !

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.