Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tk65

Movie programming locks up after a commercial break

During a movie programming locks up after a commercial and I have to start the movie over from the beginning time after time

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Movie programming locks up after a commercial break

Hi @Tk65,

Greetings from the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. May we know if this is happening on all contents and channels or if this is isolated? (Specify) What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with Roku Express, playing free movies. Always with the Ford commercials the movie does not restart , most other commercials the movie starts up where it left off. What works is hit the Return button and fast forward to where the movie was at. Not an attractive way to watch movies!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @JustAUser11!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We'd be more than happy to look further into your concern.

With this being said, could you please specify which channel you have seen this behavior? In addition, if you can send us a video clip of it, that would be great. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
loaper
Reel Rookie

I'm having the same problem. I have the Roku Express and I'm trying to watch (free) movies on the Roku channel but at the end of commercial breaks the playback just locks up. I've given it as much as 7 minutes to continue but to no avail. This was happening many months ago - I finally gave up and haven't tried the Roku channel until recently (guess it's been so long ago that I forgot about the problem). Nothing has changed apparently. All the Paid streaming channels work fine (YoutubeTV, Paramount, etc) but if it's the free stuff, forget it. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your concern here in the Roku Community, @loaper!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. 

Our team is aware of this issue and is currently in the process of reviewing and correcting it. We have an open investigation at the moment and with this being said, we'd like your Roku Express streaming player to be included in the process as we want to help you get back on streaming The Roku Channel without interruptions. 

Kindly provide us with the following details below so we can update our Engineering team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ifona5ofav

I, too, am seeing this issue when streaming a program on Roku. This does not happen on any other streaming networks with my Roku device; just the Roku streaming service. More than half the time, when a commercial comes on, it freezes when the commercials are done, and the programming does not return. I have to hit the back or home button. Then, when I go back to my program, I have to watch commercials again. So, I have two watch twice the commercials. Very irritating. Here is my info:

Model # 3930X

Serial # X004003WAG1U

Device ID S008303WAG1U

OS Version 12.5.5

Device ID 1U-041-742

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @ifona5ofav!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. 

No worries! Our team is currently looking closely into this matter and finding you the best resolution possible. Providing us with the requested details is highly appreciated as well as this will help the team determine the root cause and correct your device. 

Just to clarify, is this happening when you are streaming on-demand shows or Live TV? Let us know!

In the meantime, we humbly request a little bit more of your patience as we work on this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jcoutts

I am also having this issue, not only on the Roku channel but on Pluto also. It took me 3 hours to watch a 2 hour movie last night. It would not resume when using resume, it would always restart the movie and I had to FF to get back to where I was. The a commercial would play again.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jcoutts,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• When did the issue start?
  • What software version is your Roku device currently in? (Check on Settings > System > About.)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

In the meantime, please try the troubleshooting steps listed for resolving a channel playback issue and see if it fixes the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.