Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model 55R6A5R live tv USB stick issue

As I have noticed, I am not the only person to have this issue. I should also mention that I am a retired Electrical/Software/Controls Engineer so I am somewhat versed in electrical and software problems. The problem that I am having is that when a USB memory stick is installed to enable live tv pause, occasionally anywhere from 5 minutes apart to 30 minutes apart, the picture and sound will repeat the previous 1/2 second of information. Then because the picture and sound are out of synch, the set will fast play the next 1/2 to 1 second to catch up. I have occasionally backed up or rewound to a point before this occurred and played back from that point and discovered that it is recorded that way and will play back distorted also.

Now, you should also know that I have tried various memory sticks from just as specified to super fast USB 3.1. Not one is any better than another. I have formatted and reformatted, on the set and the computer, full scan and quick scan - there is no difference. This was per advice received from Roku. I asked for a proven part number of a USB drive that I could use. There is apparently none, because the reply is to try something else. Now I can't even find the Chat Bot on their site.

Most recently, I tried Geek Squad at Best Buy, where I bought it. They have nothing on record about this type of complaint. They advised me to unplug for 10 seconds and several other obvious steps. Their last solution was a hard reset of the tv. I hated to do that as it meant I had to reset up everything, but I did it. Guess what? The problem is still there. I saw where someone else had this problem and was told that it was going to be sent to engineering. They apparently never got an answer back.

I am getting the opinion that I am getting the run around and their is no solution - now or forthcoming. Apparently, Engineering has bigger problems to fix and can't be bothered with this. That is never a good sign.

I am willing to be an Engineering guinea pig, if someone with reasonable credentials has something for me to try.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Model 55R6A5R live tv USB stick issue

Also, my ticket number from Roku is: 9584162

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.