Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbaut10
Reel Rookie

MTV App pauses the video every 10 seconds

I just bought my Roku 4K stick and find that watching episodes and ads on the MTV app will pause every 5-10 seconds. I’ve tried removing the app and adding it again but the issue still occurs. How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: MTV App pauses the video every 10 seconds

@cbaut10-

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System. If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
cbaut10
Reel Rookie

This issue is not resolved. I removed the app, restarted through settings and unplugged for a few seconds. After downloading it again, the issue still occurs. What should I do now?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @cbaut10

Thank you for the reply.

The issue you are experiencing with the MTV app pausing the video every 10 seconds on your Roku could be due to a number of reasons. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check your network connection: Make sure your Roku device is connected to a stable and strong internet connection. A weak or unstable connection can cause buffering issues and interruptions in video playback.
  • Clear app cache and data: Go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > System restart > Restart and clear cache. This will clear any temporary files or data that may be causing the issue.
  • Check for app updates: Make sure the MTV app is up-to-date. Go to the Roku home screen and navigate to the MTV app. Press the asterisk (*) button on your Roku remote and select "Check for updates". If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update the app.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press the Home button on your Roku remote, then go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. This will restart your Roku device and may help resolve any temporary issues.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos