Solving playback issues

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLM47
Level 7

Sound fluctuations where sound suddenly blasts up and is garbled

Someone from Roku was supposed to call yesterday. I have given them three dates, times, and phone number to call, and still no call. Sound blasting problem has been happening for months, and I am very disappointed.  We have seven Rokus and the problem happens on the three that we use the most.  They are high end Rokus.  Occasionally, the sound will completely drop off to nothing.  I have tried everything suggested by Roku through email several weeks ago with no success.  What now?

4 REPLIES 4
MDHawg
Level 7

Re: Sound fluctuations where sound suddenly blasts up and is garbled

same issue happening on 2 of my devices.  Both are Roku boxes.  Have 4 others that work with no issue.  Have a few of these devices also losing connection multiple times per day which is another issue that they have no solution for either. 

0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 10

Out of curiosity, what model Roku, what is it plugged into and what type of content are you experiencing this? If plugged via HDMI into a TV what is its age and type?  And if this is the case, do you experience this with cable channels too?  While Roku audio is far from perfect, this seems unusual to say the least. 

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@DLM47 @MDHawg

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Thegagline
Level 7

I have the same issue.  The sound gets very loud and garbled without human imput.

model 4660X Roku Uktra

serial number YJ00E8511739

software version 11.5.0 build 4312-46

device ID CK392E511739

0 Kudos