Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mexico24
Reel Rookie

MLB Login fails even though it is correct

Jump to solution

We are using a Roku Smart TV.  I was using the MLB App fine until today it wouldn’t open.  Netflix etc all opening.    I uninstalled and reinstalled MLB.  All fine except it says login failed.  The login is correct.  I again uninstalled and reinstalled twice as the login failed continues.  I can login to the other TV in the condo just fine.   Any thoughts?  These TV’s are pretty new.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: MLB Login fails even though it is correct

Jump to solution

Hi @Mexico24,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you flagging us about this issue with the MLB app, and it seems like you've done the necessary troubleshooting to work on it.

If the troubleshooting does not apply, we would suggest reaching out to the channel support team and getting additional assistance. Channel authentication is managed directly by the channel provider itself.

You can contact them here: MLB.TV | Contact Us.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mexico24
Reel Rookie

Re: MLB.TV App Loads - Won't I Open

Jump to solution

Repeated uninstall, reinstall, restarts every time and still cannot login, it says fail.  The app worked for a day, next day froze, and the uninstall cycle was done all day.   I even changed my password as the screen suggested. Nada. Cannot get on the app. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mexico24,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you flagging us about this issue with the MLB app, and it seems like you've done the necessary troubleshooting to work on it.

If the troubleshooting does not apply, we would suggest reaching out to the channel support team and getting additional assistance. Channel authentication is managed directly by the channel provider itself.

You can contact them here: MLB.TV | Contact Us.

Best regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Flyerphann

Jump to solution

I came across this when searching for an answer yesterday, so once i found the solution I wanted to put it out there for future searchers. Currently (hopefully this changes in the future), it appears that the mlb app doesn't recognize special characters, at least not all of them. So if you're password has a special character, its probably one the app doesn't recognize (tho the website does?), so changing your password may be whats needed. On the mlb page i found where it says they want at least 1 upper, 1 lower, 1 number and 0 special characters. (I mean, it is 2024 right, you'd think they'd accept them?)

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.