Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Low power message while using power adapter

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I'm having the same issue.  I have been using the power adaptor that Roku came with and it has worked just fine until today.  Tried switching use ports, and cord is plugged into the wall.  Why all of a sudden is the port on the tv insufficient power?  Please tell me how to PM you so I can provide my account email address and Roku serial number.  Thank you, Alicia 

0 Kudos
cbmicahmom

Jump to solution

Roku 3510x using the power adapter and chord that came with the unit.

Serial #C53952628405.  Please email the account address with troubleshooting suggestions.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @cbmicahmom

Thanks for posting here in the Community!

We would recommend trying the suggestions below and see if that helps.

1. Verify that you are using the USB cable that came with your Roku player
    • If you are using any USB cable other than the one that came with your Roku player, replace it with the one that came with your Roku player.
  2. Try a different USB Port
    • Some USB ports have different power characteristics. Connecting your Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a different USB port on your TV may resolve the issue.
  3. Connect power to power-outlet
    • Using the included power cord and power adapter*, connect the Roku player or Roku Streaming Stick to a working power outlet in the wall.
    • Connecting to a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ed9

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try cleaning every usb/hdmi port(s). May be dust or dirt inside interfering with connection. You can try...

Ed

0 Kudos
maatkd2008

Jump to solution

Hi Im having this issue since I moved the unit to my business.

Serial # YKOO8R897678

Thank You 

Gary Wilden

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@maatkd2008

Thanks for the post and providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ClintStevens33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue with my Express+. It has been working just fine for many months. All of a sudden today it starts telling me “Insufficient Power please use a power adaptor.”  It is plugged into the wall with the power adaptor and the cord that came with it. I tried another power adaptor from a different Roku device that I know for sure works and a different cord that I know for sure works and another outlet and I am still getting the same message. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @ClintStevens33

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ClintStevens33
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

C5395C913937 is the serial number. 
@RokuKariza-D 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ClintStevens33

Thanks for the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos