Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAP1

Laptop not casting to roku tv

I am playing a movie on my laptop and trying to cast it to my new Roku TV.  Get a message confirming this has happened but all I can see on the TV is the laptop home screen.  The audio from the movie has cast over to the TV though.  How do I get the visual?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Laptop not casting to roku tv

Hi @JAP1

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having a hard time in casting your laptop through your TV. Help is here, Please click the link and follow the steps provided: 
How to screen mirror your Android™ or Windows® phone to your Roku® streaming device. If the problem still persists, please keep us posted. 
Best regards,
Anj

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Laptop not casting to roku tv

@JAP1 What operating system are you running on your laptop? If it's Windows 11, I've had all sorts of issues trying to connect to a Roku for screen mirroring, as well as trying to get my Air Pod Pro ear buds to link. I don't think it's a Roku issue (since the ear buds won't pair either), but something in Win 11 that changed from Windows 10. I had no problem with my Windows 10 laptop.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.