Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimssosilly
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

I've done these exact steps at least 5x. NO CHANGE ! 

So I went out and purchased a new Roku unit this evening. But now after reading all these comments I will be returning it first thing tomorrow and purchasing something new obviously not roku! Thank you all for your time. Merry christmas!

0 Kudos
chjames

Jump to solution

@Smarttv123 wrote:

This worked for me. Got it from Roku Customer Service.

Please turn the Bandwidth saver off by going to Home->Settings->Network -> Bandwidth saver off.

Please do a Network Reset by going to Home->Settings->System->Advance System Settings->Network Connection Reset->Reset Connection. 

Please connect to internet by going to Home-> Settings ->Network->setup connection->Wireless.   

Please do a software update by going to Home->Settings->System->Software update->check now.

Please do a System restart by going to Home-> Settings ->System ->Power ->System restart.

Please do a Channel update by highlighting the channel and * button->check for updates

am also facing the same issue is it because of a third party app am using to boost the volume.

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Model 3810X

Serial # YH005L546925 (c13895546925)

Software version 12.5.0 build 4178-50

GC version: 10.4.37

Started 8/Dec/2023

Every app exhibited the same problem: went to the home screen after ~3 minutes.

Tried disabling bandwidth saver, screen saver, etc.

Performed a factory reset 9/Dec/2023, temporarily resolved problem

Started again 11/Dec/2023

I have another identical device in my house, on the same WiFi, that hasn't had this problem.

I reproduced the issue and captured the ID# 25-496-269

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I would like to add to my comment above: I've had both of these devices for 5 years, and they've performed flawlessly during that time. This is the first issue I've had.

0 Kudos
mill2005

Jump to solution

Still having the issue with every channel I go to. After 5 minutes, the channel goes to the home screen. It just started having the issue today 12/11/23.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for sharing your experience about this, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We would suggest connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot to see if there are any differences.

If the issue persists, please also share with us the information requested about this.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Channels you're having an issue with.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

With respect.. when does it not happened??

Literally every 5 to 15 minutes.  Truth.

Oh I forget.. serial number. 5 times forward.. by this time. It takes me back to home screen. 

Hummm been asking for help what st least a month now.. work 13 hours a day, eat want t watch little tv.. then do what you ask. 

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

You're saying

"We would suggest connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot to see if there are any differences."

I have 2 identical devices on the same WiFi/nework, and only 1 of them is having this problem. It is *not* a network problem.

JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

New occurrence:

Timestamp: 2023-12-12T03:15:40Z

ID: 25-496-995

We noticed that nothing happened as long as we were pushing buttons on the remote: about 15-20 minutes in our case. Once we selected some content, and stop pushing buttons, within a few minutes it went to the home screen.

0 Kudos
Kimssosilly
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are absolutely right! Me too! I keep hitting the pause button and as long as I do that every few minutes, the show doesn't go back to the home screen. But as soon as I forget to hit pause every few minutes, we are back to the same old thing and on the home screen.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.