Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Trolling your own customers at it's finest.

Jump to solution

Problem has been solved for me after trying all the suggestions in this thread and others to no avail. I unplugged my Roku 3 (4200X), walked away for about 10 minutes, and then plugged it back in. I had unplugged it two days ago for 30 seconds, but I guess that wasn't long enough. I also noticed some channels are now updated which weren't before. I hope this helps someone else and I hope the problem doesn't come back!

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Update to everyone having This Problem.

Roku please stand up with integrity be Honest.

For weeks I feel you have lead me on. Spent hours redoing same thing you instructed.  You stated we are working on it.  Blaming every thing But your engineers. Wow sockets we are.. I now have proof.  

Do it got so bad ,,, it was stupid to even turn it on..

Sooo I had to go indebt buy a new television. Put them side by side.. Guess what.. new had no problem.   Same internet tried same channel s at the same times. 

Your television got kept doing same things.. over and over and again OVER .Why couldn't you just be Honest.. You lead me on, on , on. Hours turned into weeks...you owe me a television.. pay up.. you can have this old one does not work. To figure out a fix your television. 

Sincerly l

M D S  GOD BLESS .. now do the right thing

Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Read my last post.. sorry stop playing games. Be honest

War_Pig

Jump to solution

I have solved this problem for me. I really only had it a few hours as my setup was fine until I got a new entertainment center and had to unplug/replug everything... Immediately this problem started where it had never happened before, 3 minutes or so it would jump back to home. I tried all the suggestions online and none worked. I had several different HDMI cables and was not sure which one was originally used where, but the problem was fixed when I changed the HDMI cables around. The problem cable was 1 foot with no ferrite, the cable that worked was about 2 feet with a ferrite filter. I do not know which cable is better quality or what factor made the difference, but for me it was the HDMI cable causing my problem. 

0 Kudos
KoHeartsGPA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same issue with the "newer" Roku, have an older one that's has no problems at all but the "new" one is **bleep** in a box, after few minutes it boots me from whatever app I'm using, doesn't matter which one, I also tried every suggestion on here with no avail, this is clearly a Roku issue on the newer models, how about a refund or send us replacements?

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KoHeartsGPA,

We're sorry to hear about this and we appreciate you for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

Try connecting that device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then try again to see if that helps.

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jpreich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do I fix this problem?

Model 32S327

Serial # YK003L745874

Device ID JDA9A3745874

Software OS 12.5.5 build 4174-48

YouTube: ver 2.23 build 115025160

Hulu: ver 6.79 build 0

YouTube TV: ver 2.23 build 115025064

TRACKER ID: 74-110-965

Model 8116X-Roku TV

GC version 11.0.29

TV Barely lasts 15 seconds before returning to home screen from any channel

cjandmrp

Jump to solution

Issue ID 5Y-149-940

0 Kudos
KoHeartsGPA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a total waste of time, Roku will contact you and ask you all the same questions asked and answered here, they go in circles and don't solve the problem, Roku is utter and complete garbage.