Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimssosilly
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express, not an Ultra. This started for me just a few days ago?? I see others have been having this problem for months. I think it's time that Roku do some serious investigating into their systems. I'm going to return this new Roku I bought yesterday because I was hoping that was my problem it was just that I needed a new Roku, that is not fixing my problem! I'm going to find something new tomorrow ....I give up!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker Model: 3920RW - Roku Premiere Serial number: YH00NR206895 (JF436N206895) Software version: 12.5.0 build 4178-91 GC version: 10.4.37 Timestamp: 2023-12-12T09:01:06Z Please use issue ID 95-497-341 to report the current issue.   

Trying to watch a movie on prime video movie plays for a little bit and then kicks us out to the home screen

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Kimssosilly wrote:

You are absolutely right! Me too! I keep hitting the pause button and as long as I do that every few minutes, the show doesn't go back to the home screen. But as soon as I forget to hit pause every few minutes, we are back to the same old thing and on the home screen.

I tried sending keypress events to the Roku via the API:

curl -X POST 'http://10.0.1.17:8060/keypress/lit_a'

at 60s intervals, and although it was obvious the Roku was seeing & handling the event, because the video controls would appear on the screen for a few seconds, it was not the same as hitting a key on the remote and it didn't prevent it from going to the home screen.

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We've eliminated any suggested fixes. We've eliminated the local network as the issue. You asked for IDs and we've provided at least 7 in this thread so far.

I'm paying for services that I can't use because your service is failing to deliver them.

What's next Roku?

0 Kudos
JayGuerette
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have 2 devices that were purchased together, I assumed they were the same, but inexplicably, one is a different model.

Impacted by the defect:
Model 3810X
Serial # YH005L546925 (C13895546925)

Not impacted by the defect:
Model 3810RW
Serial # YHOOOE453094 (C237A0453094)

Both are running 12.5.0 . build 4178-50, and use the same wireless & network.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JayGuerette,

Thanks for the update!

We'll forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jordentrimm,

Thanks for reaching us here in the Roku Community and thanks for providing with us this information.

We see that you're seeing this issue with Prime Video and we'll take care of this information. We'll also update the concerned team about this.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

With respect  been going on for for a month , have latterly done everything 10 times plus. Gas gotten worse, its not just prime. News apps.  Fox, newsmax. And all paid premiums. 

Tv is only 1 1/2 years, has to be software. Do now what throw it the garbage,  better luck next time.

Ok , let's see what happens this time.  Another pass to someone else. With respect. 

Where is my respect?

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Pass it on, while we dockers keep believing 

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution