Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Therrod

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

Jump to solution

Model 3600x

Serial # 5S56A5095485

Software version 12.5.0 build 4178-24

Uptime 2 minutes 

IP address 192.168.4.22

DeLaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just got ahold of technical support and they took issue ID and are suppose to be working on it. Thanks for trying to help. I think it's a software thing they are going to have to fix. Good luck to everyone having this problem. I hope they get it fixed and resolved soon

plutoaddict
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I talked to support via the online chat and they had me do a hard reset, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Steps they recommended:

1) Disconnect Roku device from TV (unplug HDMI cable)

2) Disconnect power supply from Roku device

3) Wait 30 seconds

4) Reconnect TV and power supply to Roku device

5) When the bouncing Roku screen appears on the TV, press the RESET button on Roku device and hold for 20 seconds

6) This takes you to the setup screen and you have to set it up all over again like when you first got your Roku device

Problem solved ... but would be nice if software updates didn't make this necessary.

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think it's time Roko Pay For PRIM VEDIO/ Showtime and all my other paid services  .Roko  buy me a new television.   Pay up please

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

With respect,  good luck on that. .

Half those on community with are problem.  Has been told similar. Please let us know .

Be blessed 

0 Kudos
DeLaine
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I really don't want to do a factory reset. Then I have lost all the movies and shows I've saved on Netflix, prime ect. All that is time consuming which I consider A  WASTE OF MY TIME. It shouldn't have to go there. It's still not fixed. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. The technical support. I was told if I haven't heard anything in 24hrs and it wasent fixed to contact them again. Well we'll see. 

0 Kudos
R0kudos2U

Re: Keeps going back to home screen, Roku is refusing to fix this issue, Ill no longer buy Roku

Jump to solution

this **bleep** right here is the truth 

0 Kudos
Fixtv
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have done everything  I mean everything.  At least 4 times. Some 9 times or more.. except totally rest to manufacturer.

Why doesn't ROKU ADDRESS  the thousands of people having same problem ?.?.??

Why? O am in progress of buy a a third Television  another room..NOW tell me Why I should  buy a ROKU TELEVISION...please respond ROKU REPESENITIVE. 

0 Kudos
Fooldog01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

About 2 minutes into watching anything on any app I get kicked back to the homescreen. Tried a factory reset and it still does it.

Model 3810X

Serial YH009F320798 (2150D9320798)

Software 12.5.0 Build 4178-50

GC Ver 10.4.37

Timestamp 2023-12-10T02:23:31Z

Issue ID 98-494-063

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,
Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button)?
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos