Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twferg
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku OS 14.0.4 Issues with Tablo TV Solved (for now)

Jump to solution

I stumbled into a post that suggested the same "solution". Tried it, and it worked for me as well.

0 Kudos
yogibear1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku OS 14.0.4 Issues with Tablo TV Solved (for now)

Jump to solution

This worked for me also.

Thank you for posting this!
I’m not sure why Roku could not lead us to this work around.

0 Kudos
kiwiamazon

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Jump to solution

The problem is clearly Roku's (and not Tablo's):
Someone in another Roku forum found the issue was with audio in Roku OS 14.0.4.

Go to Settings->Audio->Digital Output Format->Custom on your Roku.
Change the Dolby Digital selection (I went from Dolby Digital to Dolby Digital Plus with DTS off).
Exit out of Roku Settings, and select Tablo.
I did this on a Roku Ultra (Model 4660X) and was able to watch OTA tv again (with Roku OS 14.04)!

Ana7
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just found this link for a workaround on Tablo's website: https://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/articles/31500935260820-Roku-OS14-Update-OTA-Player-Issue-and-W...

I tried it and it seems to have worked, at least for watching live tv. I just did a factory reset right before coming across the workaround. Since I lost all my recordings, I don't have anything recorded yet to see if the fix worked for recorded programs.

0 Kudos
Slick14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The workaround did not work for me.

I made the changes, and I was able to see the recorded OTA video, but my audio was a loud screeching finger nail on chalk board or 10-penny nails on a sheet of glass loud and horrible sound so I had to revert back to Stereo, but of course, I cannot watch the recorded OTA video.

Thanks to Tablo, Roku, and all the users who are working to find a resolution.

0 Kudos
Slick14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I intended to also say on the previous thread, we run the audio through an Integra Audio receiver, and have for many years.

Thanks again.,

0 Kudos
GO2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This solution did not work for me. Roku express 4k+, sku 3941R2

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.