Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Is there any way to have more consistent volume?

So you're saying that what's included in Roku's OS, depends on the cost of one's tv?  That's pretty odd, Mac OS is the same on whatever computers, and I'm sure Windows is too.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Roku did not make your TV. TCL did. Roku makes the operation system for companies such as TCL, Hisense and Sharp. Let me guess you bought the TV about three years ago? Someone else posted a similar problem with a TCL. It was because they bought the budget friendly version. Just like Roku makes 3 different versions of the Roku Express. The cheapest version lacks features the others do. But yet all 3 are running the same version of Roku OS. TCL decides to features that come with your TV not Roku. Just like all series aren’t 4K HDR or UHD

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

There are several different version of Windows & Mac OS. Each version offers different features and updates. Also you can have the same version of Windows on 2 different computers. But one computer has different features then the other. The operating system has all the features built-in but the computer hardware itself may not. Just like Windows 10 has Bluetooth capability. But if your computer doesn’t have Bluetooth hardware you cannot use that Windows feature.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

iOS 15 comes standard on all iPhone 13 series. But the features will vary between the iPhone 13 and the iPhone 13 Pro do to differences in hardware. Understand? Roku did not make your TV. They make the operating system. That operating system adapts to the hardware it is used on. Just like auto makers offer differently packages on the same vehicle. The base model vehicle will not have all the same features as the higher end models but yet they are thr same vehicle. This is why it is important to give all the information upfront when posting a question. That way avoid any confusion and going back-and-forth. I own a 2018 Audi S4. So does my buddy. But mine has more features then his but yet they both 2018 S4 B9’s

A Roku Express does not have the same features as a Roku Express 4K+. And yet they are both running 10.5

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Yes, I get it, and didn't need three entire posts driving the point home... SMDH

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You bought an inexpensive TV that does not offer all the features the more expensive ones do. If you mentioned off the batt which TCL Roku TV model and series you had to begin with I could have informed you of this from the start. Have a good day. 

0 Kudos
Benedlr
Roku Guru

My TCL had lousy sound like yours. I took a chance on their separate speaker system. Night and day difference. Loud starts at 18. Filler noise in the background that I couldn't hear before. Awesome bass. I can now manipulate the sound so I can understand English accents.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@Benedlr  No one complained about lousy sound. But any smart tv speakers are bad cause the tv is so thin. Hence soundbars. I have the Roku Wireless Speakers 

0 Kudos
OliverevilO
Binge Watcher

I didn't see this question until I created a new post about possibly this same volume issue--at least if you're listening through stereo speakers and not a surround sound setup. My hunch is Roku has changed it's audio encoding, so that older TVs can't recompose it all into just a left and a right channel. Instead I think maybe just the part meant for center goes to the left channel, for instance, and the right channel gets, I don't know,  maybe the part meant for right or for left and right combined. But I think the changes in volume happening to me happen with changes of scene on screen, which is when surround sound would redistribute sound to different speakers.

0 Kudos