Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_piasecki

Re: IPTV app won’t load after working good for months

Jump to solution

ROKU do you have an estimated time to resolve this or will the IPTV services be decommissioned due to Mac ID requirements? 

0 Kudos
mr575dcm

Jump to solution

I fixed it by changing the screen resolution from 4k to 1080p and the iptv pro app opened.

waltermuniz
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I fixed too, changing the resolution to 1080p. 

Obiously this is a Roku SW update problem and not an app problem.

Tks mr575dcm

JohnT1983

Jump to solution

I spent a bunch of time on the Roku chat going thru every troubleshooting idea multiple times and had no luck at resolving.  Even submitted a ticket to the programming engineers.

Then I noticed in the thread that one person mentioned changing the screen resolution from 4K to 1080p... I tried that myself and the IPTV app works like it should again and there is no loss to the screen resolution.

An easy fix to what seems as a complex problem.

JohnT1983

Jump to solution

Just change the screen resolution on Roku from 4K to 1080p... for some reason it will make IPTV app work again... and you don't lose quality in screen resolution

JohnT1983

Jump to solution

change screen resolution from 4K to 1080p... this will make the app work again... it worked for me.

bbso97
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I cannot believe it but you’re exactly correct. Changing my tv display from 4k to 1080p and it works. I sent this information along to the app developer in hopes this helps them create at permanent fix. Appreciate this JohnT1983

Re: IPTV app won’t load after working good for months (PLEASE READ THIS!)

Jump to solution

first of all, the generic reply from Roku to uninstall/shut down/reinstall is lazy and almost never works.  it's insulting that this is *still* the knee-jerk reply.  please stop this!

secondly, ALL of the IPTV apps offered through the Roku store are from the VERY SAME DEVELOPER (including the 'Smarters Pro' one...it's NOT real Smarters Pro)!  they can use different domains to take your credit card info, but they all go to the same person(s).  once you get past the splash screen, the app is coded EXACTLY the same!   

and it's pretty much garbage as far as IPTV apps go.  yes, it will render the streams, but it's the bare minimum.  this totally reaks of a scam.  good luck with those that shared their credit cards!

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @JohnT1983 @bbso97 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you sharing the workaround you discovered for the issue with the IPTV app. We greatly value your initiative in finding a solution, which will help other users resolve problems having the same issue. We also appreciate you for reaching out to the channel provider and letting them know about the current situation of the app on the Roku platform. 

If you experience the same issue again or encounter any other difficulties, please feel free to reach out to us. Our team is dedicated to providing you with ongoing support and helping address any concerns you may have experienced. 

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.