Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonashell18
Reel Rookie

I only get the bouncing ROKU screen

I have tried resetting my device multiple times. Leaving it unplugged for some time. I can not get it to leave the bouncing logo screen. I have an Express 4k+. Please help!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: I only get the bouncing ROKU screen

What model is your Roku? When did you purchase it? Where did you purchase it from? 

0 Kudos
Jonashell18
Reel Rookie

Model is 3941X. Bought it on Amazon in October 2021

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Was it refurbished or new? If it was new then you fill out a warranty claim. 

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jonashell18

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonashell18
Reel Rookie

I have always used the power cable provided and had it in an outlet 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Jonashell18

Appreciate the prompt response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jonashell18
Reel Rookie

SN is SO7P218PNGX6

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Jonashell18

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos