Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Insufficient Power Warning

Jump to solution

https://support.roku.com/article/208757058-Step-by-step-instructions-for-returns-and-warranty-replac...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PJ1948
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine does same thing....recommendations do not help....equipment is junk....wait till first house fire then watch ROKU recall the devices

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PJ1948

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using and how are you powering the device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
hopeless11

Jump to solution

My less than year old roku premiere is also getting the insuffiecient power warning suddenly this evening when it was working fine this morning.  I did not have usb plugged into the tv and was plugged into power outlet.  I changed all the ports and still get the error.  Took the device and cords to different tv and still message is appearing, no red light is showing on the device.  I plug our other roku 4k into the same cable and tv and it works fine, so something is clearly wrong with this roku premiere.   Message won't go away and am not able to use Roku at all how do I go about fixing this issue?    sn:k4303f589969

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@hopeless11

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cheryls67

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem, Roku model 3900x. Worked for over a year and I’m using the cables that came with it and have always had it plugged into an outlet with the power adaptor that was provided. I can’t get to the settings menu either and all the info in the actual device is black print on a black device. There is a number in white but I don’t know what the number is. 
Seems like this is a common problem with no resolution. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cheryls67

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PaulWilliams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We threw it away - took waaaaaaay too long to respond for resolution

PaulWilliams
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We threw it away, as we needed it for a sign board and the defect totally made the sign board useless.  Took way to long for resolution to what is apparently a universal problem with your product. 

Chesssu

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, 

My almost one year old roku premiere also shows the insuffiecient power warning more then a couple of days ago.  I did not have the usb plugged into the tv and was plugged into the wall with the power outlet.  I changed all the ports, plugged and unplugged all the USB/power cables, and I still got the error message. I plugged the device and cords to a couple of different TVs and I still got the message.  I plug the other rokus into the same cable and tv and it works fine, so something is wrong with this roku premiere. 

I followed all the help links but nothing seems to do the trick. Please help. Thank you