Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Jump to solution

Hi @Tom2804,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I apologize for your experience here. I can understand how that may be frustrating. We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Bryanh011

Jump to solution

I did a reset and made sure I didn’t set the resolution higher then the tv’s capability. That fixed my low power issue.

0 Kudos
tonygump
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Obviously this issue has been going on for 8 months! I would call it a design fail for the Express units since they have no vents to let the heat escape. This is the part that makes me laugh (from https://support.roku.com/article/226794787😞  "If the problem persists, then you should stop using your Roku player."

That's the final solution?

myhot99
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bingo! 
It’s called “planned obsolescence” and roku will let thousands of us , if not hundreds of thousands of us go round and round here instead of being honest and telling us we have a pet Brick named Roku. A Sick way to do business. Time to replace ha ha they win. 

kimby68

Re: 3 month old roku express plus 4k

Jump to solution

Serial # 053065448213

I am a very dissatisfied customer.

The lack of access to online support without an explanation beyond "not eligible" is just an awful way to treat customers.

Reading the stream of complaints, it's clear this is a ROKU issue, perhaps just corporate greed for profit?

Fix this issue.

Thank you, I await your helpful reply.  DO NOT refer me to any troubleshooting guide - I have tried everything (like the uncountable number of other unhappy customers of yours).

Be careful before dismissing my directive to you to fix this issue.  Consumers have considerable power against companies like Roku who seemingly and simply dismiss concerns. 

This is simply ridiculous.

Kim Sutherland [personal information removed]

Chasy

Jump to solution

I got the Insufficient Power message. How do I fix this?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Chasy,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried taking a look here in our Support resources and following the steps to help get the insufficient power message to resolve? What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem.  My Roku is plugged into the wall and I'm still getting the low power message.  It's always been plugged into the wall.  I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it is fine for a bit, but then says it again.  I also can't connect to the internet anymore.  I have tried all of the trouble shooting methods in this community.  

Help!

Tags (1)
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @jwockenfuss,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device by going to Settings > System > About and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos