Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
archer101
Reel Rookie

HDR no longer stays on, goes off after standby

I used to get the Dolby Vision Logo and noticed it no longer shows. The 77" LG CX confirms it's off. I can go into Display type and slide "Dolby Vision HDR TV" off and back on and it does the display test but as soon as the Roku Ultra turns off or goes into standby mode, on startup the HDR is gone again.  If you go into settings it shows still on, but it's not.  You have to do the slider thing again, so what's up with this?  

Model 4800X

12.0.0 build 4184-C2

Id So2A21240JTV

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HDR no longer stays on, goes off after standby

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, @archer101!

No worries! We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution for this. May we first know whenever the Dolby Vision Logo has disappeared, does the resolution also revert back to normal? Or does the logo only disappear, and then the resolution stays the same? 

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further. We'll be anticipating your response.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
archer101
Reel Rookie

Re: HDR no longer stays on, goes off after standby

Thanks for responding, this morning the Dolby Vision Logo was back on and didn't do anything.  Yes, it does revert to non-Dolby according to the TV. I'll include a couple of images of how I know. 

Just now after the set had been off for a couple of hours I lost the Dolby Vision logo again. I did reset unselecting and reselecting the Roku Dolby vision and now the LG display shows Dolby is back on.  

It seems to come and go randomly so hard to pinpoint if it's the LG (CX) or the Roku Ultra causing it.  One thing I've done recently when I first started noticing it was gone is stream an actual Dolby 4K feed from Directv Stream, would have anything to do with it. (Update Dolby Vision left again) this time did reboot unplug replug and it came back.  yes dolby.JPGno dolby.JPG 

0 Kudos