Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcluster
Channel Surfer

HDMI problem on new Roku Ultra

I replaced my Roku 4400X with a 4850X because the old unit couldn't process the new PBS app.  I used the same wiring that I had in place for the old unit.  The TV is a Samsung 55 inch class OLED 4K S90C series Quantum HDR bought in February of this year.  The new Roku was installed on Oct. 17 - today is Oct. 25, nine days later.  In that period the video has failed twice.  I didn't get the message number, but it was something about the HDMI connection.  Basically it said to shut everything off and re-establish the hardware connections and then turn everything back on.  The first time I did this and it solved the problem.  I figured that when I installed the new Roku and moved the TV, maybe a connection was made less tight.  The second time this happened I knew that nothing had been moved, so all I did was disconnect the Roku from its power source and then re-connected it, so that it would reboot.  This solved the problem as well.  I NEVER had this problem with the old Roku.  What's the problem?  Is the new Roku more sensitive?  But if nothing has been moved physically, why should it fail?  Do I need to get a replacement for the new unit?  Please explain what's going on.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.