Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilo619
Reel Rookie

HDMI ARC and Audio Menu Issues

Hi all!

I have seen topics about this but I'm having issues getting Dolby sound through my soundbar. I'm also getting a different audio menu compared to some people so I want to know where I'm going wrong. My set up is:

LG TV 43UF680V which has two HDMI ports one is an ARC the other a 4K. The ARC goes to the output on my soundbar which is an LG LAP250H and capable of Dolby sound (3.1.2). The other HDMI port from the TV goes to a KININO 550BN HDMI splitter. This has an Xbox Series X and the ROKU 4K Express linked in to it. I know that the HDMI ARC is working to Dolby sound as I can achieve it from both the apps on my TV and the Xbox. However the Roku only plays PCM (2.0.0).  My TVs output is set to Dolby Digital Plus.

Reading other forum sections people suggest setting the HDMI output on the Roku however my audio menu only shows:

Menu Volume

Audio Preferred Language

Streaming Audio Format

Digital Output Format

Am I missing a setting in the menu or have I got the wrong set up? It's frustrating when I have other devices clearly operating through the set up correctly but the Roku doesn't.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDMI ARC and Audio Menu Issues

@Gilo619

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried removing your splitter to see if you are still experiencing the issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gilo619
Reel Rookie

Hi yes I removed it and tried directly through the soundbar but no joy.

Thanks Mike 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gilo619

Thanks for the follow up.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-external audio devices brand and models
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gilo619
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, sorry took a while to respond. 

Roku device: 4K Express 

Model: 3940EU

Serial number: X0160052TYTG

Device ID: S07U2182TYTG

Software OS/version: 11.5.0 Build 4235-CR

External audio devices brand and models - All listed on the original post including set up

Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel: No its consistent on all channels

Tracker ID when this issue occurs: As above its pretty consistent.

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: No steps required to replicate. set up is listed in original post.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Gilo619

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gilo619
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny just an update I can get Dolby out of apple and youtube but still stereo out of Amazon Netflix and Disney. Hope this update helps 

Mike

0 Kudos