Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dminger
Reel Rookie

Re: HDCP error code 020

I am NOT a computer person, I got this device because it is supposed to be simple. It worked fine for a month now the error message. I have taken the steps listed, unplug and try again - nope. I tried the 5 times thing, no tracker number came up, it just took me to the home screen. I have no idea what the software/OS version is, it was not listed in settings/about. What was there is my Network name, the status - connected, connection type - wireless, wireless channel - 11, IP address, and wireless mac address. 

Anyway,  I have a model 3930X serial number 5008211F8VOU

Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

Before another employee replies please read the messages?

We have tried the time wasting troubleshooting steps over and over and over again.

The only thing that works is to restart the little box of junk every time we use it 

Its a week from going in the bin and I'll buy a rivals kit 

dminger
Reel Rookie

Thank you. Restarting the stupid little box worked for now. See how long it lasts.

0 Kudos
tekola
Reel Rookie

HDCP Errors Started 6/29/2021

My "Roku Express | HD Streaming Media Player" stopped working 2 days ago (6/29/2021).  I bought it 9/2020.  It worked fine until now.  Now I get main menu and all my channels.  But when I start to play anything I get HDCP error screen.  I hear audio, but no video.  I tried all troubleshooting steps.  Even tried a different TV.  Nothing solves this problem.  I believe a ROKU software update killed my ROKU functionality.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: HDCP Errors Started 6/29/2021

You didnt mention your model # or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

Assuming you've already:

1) restarted it, and/or

2) powered it and the TVs off completely for a few minutes then

3) try manually configuring the display:  Settings/Display/1080p TV (or 720p TV for a 720p TV).

Otherwise, message @RokuDanny-R and he may be able to help you further.

0 Kudos
neeshell

Error on Roku Express

The message says video cannot be displayed. We have run into a problem while streaming. Error TVAPP-00116

This only happens for certain channels not all. Today it’s ESPN.

I do not see visual and I don’t hear audio.

SKU 3226000619. I don’t know if that means anything to you. It was on the inside of the battery slot on the remote. This is my first time using this platform so I don’t know how to check back for a reply 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

In addition to what @StreamerUser suggested, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  Also, try another HDMI cable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shaun_Fielding
Channel Surfer

@renojim wrote:

In addition to what @StreamerUser suggested, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  Also, try another HDMI cable.

Roku express does not come with a USB power supply just a usb cable to plug into the TV usb socket 

0 Kudos
rkuproblems
Reel Rookie

I did all that and it worked a few times and then stopped. This did not happen until AFTER a recent update you did. I believe there's a software glitch you need to acknowledge and fix. In the meantime, my Roku does not work. I have the same model (3930x) 

0 Kudos
JLondon
Reel Rookie

Same as other users.  Roku Express +. 6-7 months old.  Now getting Error Code 020.  Followed all troubleshooting steps.

1. Changed HDMI cable.
  2. Changed HDMI input.
  3. Unplugged Roku and TV.
  4. Changed display from Auto to 720P and 1040P.
  5. Performed Factory Reset and setup from scratch.  Same problem.

Model: 3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial number: X00400XC417X (SO12309C417X)

Software Version: 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Timestamp: 2021-07-04T13:21:35Z

ID 7X-265-761

Please advise.

0 Kudos