Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“HDCP Error Detected” message

I have the same problem.  Only on BenQ projector.   Pleas help.  Already tried everything you recommended and bought a newer HDMI cord.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MisterFix
Binge Watcher

“HDCP Error Detected” message

It's just a generic HDCP error, but I don't want to hijack this thread with an unrelated problem. I have had the red tint issue for quite a while now, even on my previous TV. I have 3 other non-Ultra Roku in the house and they play the same videos fine. It's a problem only with the Ultra.

But FYI,The  HDCP problem started a few months ago when I got a new TV. It's a Samsung model QN85QN90BAFXZA. The Roku Ultra seems to have issues when I come back to it from another input. The screen will flicker a little bit and it seems like it glitches out, then displays the main menu in less than 4k. If I try to watch Netflix or Disney and probably others when the screen is in this state, I get the error and have to restart the Roku. I'll make a new post if you are interested in looking further.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Update making colors appear too red, too rich

Hi @Michaellevine34 @MisterFix,

Welcome, and thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem of getting an HDCP error on your Roku device. Please check here on what to do if you see an "HDCP Error Detected" message or a purple screen.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos