Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ESC
Channel Surfer

Re: HDCP Error 020 on Roku Ultra 2022 when streaming

-Roku device model: 4802X - Roku Ultra
-serial number:  X01000LS33UU
-device ID:  S0DA229S33UU
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About😞  11.5.0 - build 4312-C2
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button):  Random Channels
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times):  ID UU-120-881
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message:  No the error message goes away too quickly to get my phone out, unlock it, start the camera app and take a picture.  It is the HDCP Error 20.
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.:  Watch something on ROKU for a while.  I've tried switching to certified 8K HDMI cables to no effect.  I have been using my 2018 ROKU Ultra for the last 2 months hoping that you guys would fix this issue in the mean time.  It doesn't exhibit this problem.  BTW my TV is a Visio M558-G1 running firmware version 7.0.120.1-1 (the latest).  This TV supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG and HDCP 2.2.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: HDCP Error 020 on Roku Ultra 2022 when streaming

Hi @ESC 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the HDCP error that you are experiencing and providing us with your device information.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos