Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SCjames
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Try this:

I had the exact same issue with Real Time on my Roku Ultra.  I could access HBO's Real Time on my Android TV but not on my Roku player. Try the below method to clear cookies and cache in the Roku player.  It worked for me.  After you reset you may need to log back into your apps.

Follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to clear cache and cookies on Roku.

1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.

2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively:

Press Home 5 times.
    Press Up.
    Press Rewind 2 times.
    Press Fast Forward 2 times.

It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear the cache and restart.

0 Kudos
Oldman71
Reel Rookie

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

It will play old episodes but crashes completely when attempting to watch newest episode.  I was pretty impressed with the Roku tv that came in an RV I recently purchased, but this is not good, especially as I am shopping for more tvs for it now.

0 Kudos
BenBTizMe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Real Time wasn't working for me, as far as I remember, for over a week. Yesterday I got a support email from HBO saying the issue was fixed.  I tried last night to watch the new episode and it worked fine.

Just tried the new episode again when I saw your posts and at first it just hung there for about 5-10 seconds and didn't do anything.  Took a couple seconds before it allowed me to try again but when I did the episode came up. Seemed a little glitchy at first but then it was fine.

0 Kudos
Jparedez

Jump to solution

Same issue. Won’t play latest real-time with BM Episode on hbo max All other episodes and apps function 

0 Kudos
BenBTizMe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just tried the new episode again and mine is still working. You might have to use the link Roku support has been asking us to use to reach out to HBO support.

Is it possible they are fixing this issue one user at a time?

0 Kudos
FOXHOP
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

They finally fixed it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
pwnalley

Jump to solution

We are having this problem and I've done all 8 of the suggested 'fixes' and as of this date/time, still NOT working.

0 Kudos
Steelstone

Jump to solution

I’ve read and employed all the suggested reset options with no success. Both of my Roku smart TVs will play everything else on HBO max while only Bill Maher and John Oliver shows will not play and kicks my Roku out of the app when attempted. Am I being paranoid or practical in wondering that this isn’t some streaming/software issue given that of all of HBO max’ content is available except for two political shows? 

ManyCatMama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This problem just started for us. Can't watch John Oliver on the TV, but it's fine on HBOMax so on my phone. So sick of weird Roku issues ...

MrWise

Jump to solution

Real time & John Oliver won't play at all. Just a very quick not available shows up then kicks me off the app entirely. All other shows working fine.  Anyone have a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.