Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omiz
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

I know they keep sending me the same instructions that are on their troubleshooting page blaming HBOMAX.But if I can watch it on my apple product, how can it be an HBOMAX issue?

Omiz
Channel Surfer

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Been there done that, watched it on my iPad.

0 Kudos
Omiz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Did that and ended up watching it on my iPad so it is not an HBOMAX issue.

0 Kudos
greened2062
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If you look at the response I posted from HBO support, they are admitting that it's an HBO issue not Roku. 

Ottosan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you, good to know.

0 Kudos
FaciaBrut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been notified by HBOMAX customer support that this issue is now resolved. I have also confirmed it by being able to watch Real Time on ROKU.

SCjames
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the exact same issue with Real Time on my Roku Ultra.  I could access HBO's Real Time on my Android TV but not on my Roku player. Try the below method to clear cookies and cache in the Roku player.  It worked for me.  After you reset you may need to log back into your apps.

Follow this step-by-step tutorial to learn how to clear cache and cookies on Roku.

1. Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.

2. From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively:

Press Home 5 times.
    Press Up.
    Press Rewind 2 times.
    Press Fast Forward 2 times.

It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear the cache and restart.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Happens on my Hisense Roku Model as well. 

0 Kudos
BenBTizMe
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same here.  HBO sent an email yesterday saying the issue was fixed and it was! Watched yesterday's Real Time last night!!! No issues!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It's not resolved. It's still doing it.