Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bobpliskin

FED UP with the daily requirement to repower my devices to sync audio and video.

I have 4 different Roku devices including a Roku TV. I am plagued by constantly worsening sync of audio and video after reseting the power on all my devices.  Reaching a live person in tech support is impossible! I have "chatted" with tech support and still no permanent fix. Anyone out there experiencing my frustration !?!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: FED UP with the daily requirement to repower my devices to sync audio and video.

@Bobpliskin 

I have run into it on various channels.  If it occurs in LiveTV with guide, sometimes just pressing up or down (switching channels) will resync it, saving the restart.  Other times, it just won't sync or even lose again after a few more minutes.  I generally just head over to another channel/app to watch the content if available.

If the content is not available on another channel/app, I will usually just switch to watching something else.

You can try restarting your router when this occurs as well.  I think some of it may just be a latency issue with the server providing the content.  Wish I had better advice than just restarting all your equipment when this occurs, but do understand your frustration.  Kind of hard to follow sometimes when the mouths or action don't match the audio.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos