Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paj3232
Streaming Star

Re: Disable or skip ROKU start up screen (bouncing logo)

Jump to solution

No, I bought the tv which said it came with roku installed, I can't install a 65" tv on the wall myself so their Geek Squad installed it (I did not know it had a roku stick, I thought it was installed internally, obviously they did it wrong...

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@paj3232 

They probably did not realize the LG's TV's power port did not supply power when the TV was off.  Just a simple mistake on their part.  Glad you have it working now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
paj3232
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I found out today. Luckily I paid for a somewhat swiveling wall mount and was able to get back there to see what was going on and fix it.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@paj3232  I believe you probably misread something. Your LG TV did not come with Roku installed that would mean it’s an LG Roku TV. If you bought it from Best Buy then it was probably promotion. “Buy an LG TV and get a Roku installed by our Geek Squad”. Something along those lines. But you gave me an impression you had a Roku TV. And you gave others that same impression to. We did not know you had an LG TV with a separate Roku stick plugged into it. Glad you figured it out. The reason Best Buy plugged it in to the TV power is because it’s easy to hide the cord that way. 

Moving forward. You don’t have an LG With Roku installed. You have an LG TV with a Roku streaming stick plug into the HDMI port. 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

There were previous models of LG RokuTVs.  Like the Insignia RokuTV, they are no longer manufactured, but they did, and do exist, as recently as a couple of years ago.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  Well aware. But the impression paj gave us was he had an LG Roku TV. Hence why I mentioned to him to call LG. I guess if he provided his LG model number and Roku model number we could have figured this out days ok. At least it’s fixed. It’s hard to help someone when you don’t have all the right information 👍🏻

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Ello2022 

"Well aware..." 

Just making sure because from your previous posting it sounded like you weren't. ("I believe you probably misread something. LG TVs do not come with Roku installed.")

Glad it is all cleared up.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnar  My bad. Typo. If you read through the previous statement I’ve been trying to help them sort this out. But you caught my typo. I highly doubt LG was advertising their TV with a Roku stick option. Like I said it was probably a Best Buy promotion. Buy an LG TV and get a Roku stick installed Meijer geek squad. That’s most likely what it was

Fixed 

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I hate the sound of the jumping Roku letters too and it happens every time i turn on my tv! It sits it for as long time too, not just once or twice!  Isn’t there any way to skip that?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@0429, you don't say what model of Roku you have, but if it's one that uses a USB cable for power use the supplied power adapter plugged into the wall and not the TV's USB port.  If you're using the TV's USB port it's powering down the Roku device when you turn off the TV.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos