Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ringocat
Reel Rookie

Connect Roku without HDMI

Jump to solution

My Samsung TV has only two HDMI inputs, and they are used by the cable bix and sound bar. Any way to connect to the other inputs, which are USBA, LAN and coax (antenna). I have heard that some adapters are uni-directional. Appreciate any advice!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ringocat
Reel Rookie

Re: Connect Roku without HDMI

Jump to solution

Incredibly helpful RG, thanks!  I had never heard of an HDMI switch, very cool!  Looks like $11-54 on Amazon, with the expensive ones having automatic switching or a remote.  Going shopping now, thanks again!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well if you wanted to go crazy, you could connect the Roku to a HDMI -> component converter followed by an ATSC modulator (expensive) and connect that to the antenna port, but you should really go with an HDMI switch instead.  Other thoughts are: move the soundbar to another output (optical?) and are you absolutely sure there are only two HDMI ports?  My Samsung has HDMI ports and the side and more on the back.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Ringocat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Incredibly helpful RG, thanks!  I had never heard of an HDMI switch, very cool!  Looks like $11-54 on Amazon, with the expensive ones having automatic switching or a remote.  Going shopping now, thanks again!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.