Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jkaufman
Reel Rookie

Re: Commercials freezing after playing

I’m having the same issue with watching the roku channel- any program- and the channel freezes after the commercial and backing out and hit play and it runs a new commercial then will usually start the program again. Lately while I’ve been watching The last Alaskans it actually starts the show back at the beginning instead of resuming when I hit the back button. And no I’m not hitting restart program. Very annoying because then I have to scroll clear back to where I left off before the commercial started. My roku model is 3930RW- roku express. Serial # is X00400GFYN13. Device ID- S009299FYN13

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jkaufman,

Welcome to the community for Roku!

We are grateful that you contacted us on this, and we are willing to assist. In addition to the statement you have provided, could you also share with us the Tracker ID, you can use you're voice remote if you have one and say "Issue ID". Or follow the steps stated right above your post.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Thank you for saying everything I wanted to say. This is my first experience at streaming. Always before I was paying for Direct or whatever it was Direct bought out. I was told this streaming was the best way to go.  It was at first but now I have to be constantly reaching for the remote to go back to the program I was watching. Being disabled that's not the easiest thing to do.  Can you or anyone suggest another streaming service that this is not an issue with. 

I'm sorry I couldn't find anything above my post, I do not have voice. I seem to have an accent people or rather machines don't understand. Could I get more information 

0 Kudos
Jkaufman
Reel Rookie

Roku is still a very good streaming service but you should go through and add other free channels besides the roku channel. There are lots of options. There are other optional channels of course that you can pay for but most are pretty reasonable compared to cable etc. Netflix is $15 a month for example. 

cfaytay
Reel Rookie

This has nothing to do with commercials freezing, though.

0 Kudos
cfaytay
Reel Rookie

It's nothing to do with Roku streaming service, just the channel. It has only happened to me on that channel, and this thread is for freezing, not for recommending other channels although I only made the post out of pique. A Roku has tons of channels, some are free, some are live, some are paid subscription. explore

0 Kudos
Jkaufman
Reel Rookie

ID 13-495-582

froze during T-Mobile commercial. (Always does on t-mobile)

was watching The Last Alaskans

0 Kudos
Jkaufman
Reel Rookie

ID 13-495-626

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping us posted on how things going.

Our team is currently looking into this issue and we still don't have any updates available about this. We'll forward any additional statement and we'll make sure to update this thread about it.

Thank for you your understanding! 

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.