Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchio
Binge Watcher

Closed Captions and Comet TV

Jump to solution

On my over the air tv cc's work fine on Comet tv. On Roku they don't play but all other

shows I watch play fine. Ever so often they may play. Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Closed Captions and Comet TV

Jump to solution

Hello @sanchio

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please check if Captioning is set to “on always” on the Roku main page under Settings > Accessibility > Captions Mode > on always.

Please note that most channels and apps contain their own settings and will override the settings in Roku menus. Check inside each channel's individual settings and disable captions in each. Some channels have their own captions settings that are separate from the system settings. Some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions and subtitles on content. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Turning closed captions on or off 

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @sanchio

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Please check if Captioning is set to “on always” on the Roku main page under Settings > Accessibility > Captions Mode > on always.

Please note that most channels and apps contain their own settings and will override the settings in Roku menus. Check inside each channel's individual settings and disable captions in each. Some channels have their own captions settings that are separate from the system settings. Some channel manages their own content programming, including closed captions and subtitles on content. Reach out to the channel If changing the captions on the Roku settings does not resolve the issue.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Turning closed captions on or off 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
sanchio
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I know how to turn cc's off and on and any child could do that. I said cc's don't play on the Comet channel on Roku but it does on the Comet on my over the air tv and on the Comet on Stirr on Roku.

0 Kudos