Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donman

Why am I getting sound on only a couple of youtubetv stations and not all of them?

I am using a roku express 4k+ unit attached to my older LG tv. 

Only when using youtubetv I have sound on only a couple of stations (gameshownetwork, golf channel and hallmark channel)  not on any others. Tried reinstalling app and other suggested fixes.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why am I getting sound on only a couple of youtubetv stations and not all of them?

@Donman 

When you reinstalled, did you do these three steps, in this order (any other order, or omitted steps is not correct)?

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Do any on-demand or recordings on YouTube TV have any issues?

Do you have any issues on live streaming on other services? Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Xumo, Sling TV free tier?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

Re: Why am I getting sound on only a couple of youtubetv stations and not all of them?

@Donman 

Google recently enabled 5.1 (AC3) surround sound for Live TV - the channels you mentioned do NOT use 5.1 (AC3), so this may be a clue as to why you can hear sound from them but not others, almost all of which are now 5.1 (AC3) enabled.

Your TV/AVR/SB may not be processing AC3 correctly from your Express 4K+, or your Express 4K+ incorrectly detects AC3 support in your TV/AVR/SB.

Try changing Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Stereo - see if that resolves the issue.

Stretch22

Go to settings. Found in profile pic . Once in settings go to 5.1 audio and turn it off. It solved my volume issues 

Wow this worked... I was getting nervous because I'm having a big super bowl party and I had no sound for certain channels that showed sports! Thanks!!!

0 Kudos