Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JLill
Binge Watcher

Channel numbers change inadvertently

Is anyone else having this issue?  I have a Roku 4K streaming box and here’s my problem. As an example, when I enter 703, our local NBC affiliate on the mini guide, and then I go to the ‘Last Watched’ screen, it changes 703 to 1003 inadvertently. Same with 709, our ABC affiliate, it changes it to 1009. Mind you, it’s the same programming, but why does it change it to 1003 from 703, to 1009 from 709, and so on?  I’ve tried resetting the box, resetting my router, unplugging everything, etc., to no avail and it’s extremely frustrating because it’s nothing that I’m doing or not doing, the box just does it on its own. Anyone have an answer?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Channel numbers change inadvertently

What app are you using?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

Xfinity Stream. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I've seen cable boxes that will automatically switch to the equivalent HD channel if you change to the SD version.  Perhaps that's what happening.  I honestly can't believe that in 2024 cable providers are still providing SD versions of channels that you can get in HD using good old-fashioned rabbit ears.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JLill
Binge Watcher

The SD channels are way down on the guide. Example:  our NBC affiliate is channel 703 (also, 1003) on the HD platform whereas the SD version is channel 3, so I don’t even go near the SD channels. I’m leaning on the problem being within the Xfinity app itself rather than the Roku box. I think my next move will be to visit our local Xfinity store and see if they can diagnose the issue. Appreciate your input…thank you!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.