Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cordo
Reel Rookie

CEC issues after version 11 build 4168-39 update

With the lastest update for Hisense(version 11.0.0 build 4168-39) my TV no longer works with an CEC connections.  When I tried to search for CEC devices I can see it interacts with my Sony receiver from it's display but on the TV is says no CEC devices found.  I did hard resets on all devices with no differing outcome.  Everything was working until this latest update on ~April 5th

9 REPLIES 9
bdpenny327

Re: CEC issues after version 11 build 4168-39 update

I'm having the same problem 😕 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cordo @bdpenny327,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cordo
Reel Rookie

Roku TV: 7206X

Model: 55R6107

Serial: YN006U79677 

Device ID: 9M47D6798677

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4168-39

Tracker ID: 77-147-720

To reproduce the issue I just need to go to search for CEC devices.  None show as available now.  I am connected to HDMI 1 with ARC to my Sony receiver (STR-DH790) which is connected to a Xbox Series X and Nintendo Switch.  They all historical were connected via CEC - now none do.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cordo,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for an investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cordo 

Thanks for providing us with your information.

Do you know what firmware build your AVR is using? 

Please keep us posted and we will be able to pass along the information to the appropriate Roku team to continue investigating.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cordo
Reel Rookie

I would imagine it's stock since the receiver is not connected to the internet.  For context I have also tried directly connecting the Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch and a portal TV directly to the TV/Roku and none of them are showing available by CEC.  Odds are this resides within the Roku firmware causing this issue.

The Roku can detect its connected to an Xbox, it just will not allow/detect CEC controls.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Cordo 

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please confirm if it is only CEC that is not working? Does audio still output over the AVR and are you still able to use the HDMI devices?

In addition, can you please make sure to unplug every HDMI cable, then plug each device in one at a time and let us know if the issue persists.

If you are still experiencing an issue, please try the following steps:

1. Turn off all devices and unplug TV and all devices from wall power
  2. Plug in TV to wall power
  3. Plug in AVR to wall power and connect to TV. Do not plug in any other devices yet!
  4. Power On TV and see if AVR is detected and ARC audio works.
  5. If ARC and CEC work with the AVR, plug another device into wall power and plug into TV
  6. Check to see if ARC audio and CEC is still working with AVR
  7. If ARC still working, continue to connect devices to the TV as just described, one by one, until you hit a device that causes everything to fail again

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CeeStyleDj
Reel Rookie

It's happening on my Roku Express + as well. 3710x. It must have upgraded to version 11 today because last night I was able to turn my TV off as I always do with my Roku remote. It is absolutely not the tv. The TV is not networked and none of the settings have changed.

This is a version 11.0.0 issue.

I have no other device controlling HDMI CEC besides the Roku.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CeeStyleDj

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos