Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oldturtle8
Reel Rookie

Bought a brand new Roku 4K+ NO signal

Hi Danny

Roku 4+,  LG TV model 42LB5600, Arris TG1682G modem/router

I have tried everything in all the helpful notes on this site.  Unplugged modem/router, unplugged Roku, switched TV inputs, reset the TV.  There is a purple light in the front of the Roku receiver, and there is a flashing green light inside the remote battery chamber.  Cannot get anything on the screen, not even the Bouncing Roku Logo.

The modem/router is brand new, and our computers (including this one) are all on line.

Please Help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Bought a brand new Roku 4K+ NO signal

Hello @oldturtle8

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
oldturtle8
Reel Rookie

Hi Kariza

I sent you the s/n yesterday.  When do you think you will be able to respond?

In the meantime I've been poking around on-line and someone posted that the flashing light inside the remote battery chamber means that the remote cannot pair with the Roku.  That seems consistent with my experience, since nothing from the Roku appears on my TV screen.  So I tried resetting the remote and the Roku itself (pressing the tiny buttons in various orders).  STILL NOTHING !

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

When you plugged it into the HDMI port on your TV and provided power to the Roku device you got nothing?  This seems silly but are you sure you are on the correct input on your TV?  If you got the device from a local Walmart, Best Buy, etc..., I would just return it for a replacement.  Faster than waiting for a replacement from Roku who will also charge you the return postage if you can not get it fixed.

oldturtle8
Reel Rookie

Dear ROKU and ROKU community:

I am here to report two failures.  The first is in the ROKU that is described (s/n, etc) in my previous posts.  That unit was simply defective. The remote never paired with the ROKU, and the blue light inside the battery compartment never stopped blinking.  So we are returning it. And, we have already bought and installed a replacement - and it works fine.  So there was nothing wrong with our  setup.  

The second failure is that of the ROKU community.  Nobody could, or would, tell me that the unit was bad.  Everyone repeated the same (dumb) suggestions.  Nobody from ROKU or from the ROKU community followed up.  Nobody even noticed the blue light symptom.  As stated above, nobody would say "You have a defective unit.".   

That's a more serious failure, in my oldturtle8 view.

TTFN

Oldturtle8

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@oldturtle8  Anytime I buy something and it immediately does not work the first thing I do is return it to the store I bought it from. My microwave would not turn on after unboxing it. I returned it to Target for another one. I did not post a post in a community asking what I should do or if it is defective. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.