Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beth10

Audio cuts out on all apps

Audio cuts out on all apps, so it must be the Roku player, Model 4200X. I have rebooted, unplugged and replugged the HDMI cable, switched in a different HDMI cable. Still, audio cuts in and out, sometimes as much as every other word.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Audio cuts out on all apps

@Beth10  Your Roku was released back in 2013 and discontinued in 2015. It’s a very old unit and may have internal issues. So this is happening on Netflix? Hulu? Prime? What are you using for audio? TV speakers or a soundbar? Have you tried another TV? It could also be your internet connection. Go to settings/ network and run a check connection test. What does it say for speed in Mbps? What’s your signal strength?

0 Kudos
Beth10

Yeah, it's old. But I really hate being forced into buying new tech when the makers stop supporting previous versions. It's plugged into my Magnavox TV. Do not have another TV to test it on. It happens on Hulu, Netflix, CBS News, MLB ... every single app I've tried.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Beth10  Your not being forced. Roku’s are cheap and they only last 3-5 years. Your Roku is out of warranty. Did you check your internet connection as I mentioned? Since you only have 1 TV then bring the Roku to a family members or friends house. If the problem occurs there then you need a new Roku. If it doesn’t then it could be your TV or internet connection. You have to try eliminating things. Another tv is the best thing to start off with. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Beth10

Thanks for the post.

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.? Please also reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos