Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upshift
Reel Rookie

Amazon Prime app Isn't Working

The Amazon Prime app quit working today on our TCL Roku TV.  This has been working on this device for a long time without an issue.  Amazon Prime works on other devices in the house.  Did the remove app, restart, install app sequence and it worked once then I exited the app and went back into it again and after it starts it goes blank (should show the user selection screen).

Other apps on the device work ok like Xfinity streaming.

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Prime Video app opens but wont play shows/movies on Roku Premiere or Roku Express

Mine isn’t working either the issue ID is

ID 93-386-123 

Prime video won’t work when I try to play something

I’ve tried every single thing suggested. Still won’t work. It’ll play for a couple seconds then the stupid hdmi message comes up. Also tried to airplay from my phone to the tv to use prime video. Won’t work. 

issue ID

ID 93-386-123

model 3930X - Roku express

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime Video app opens but wont play shows/movies on Roku Premiere or Roku Express

Hi, @LyndseyKristine @upshift 

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with the Prime video on your Roku device, and we also acknowledge the efforts and time you've put in to troubleshoot the issue. For this matter, we'd like to gather more information for our team to investigate. Kindly provide the details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have these details, our team will review this issue and investigate for a resolution.

We hope for your response in this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
upshift
Reel Rookie

As of this morning it is working, Didn't do anything different since yesterday.  Fingers crossed!  🙂

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @upshift 

Thanks for the update!

Feel free to let us know if the issue recurs or if you have any concerns. Our team would be glad to help.

Happy Streaming!

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.