Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbunch
Reel Rookie

Acorn doesn’t stream properly on Roku TV

I have the same issue with the Acorn TV app. I have both “Acorn TV on Roku” and the Acorn TV standalone app as a separate Channel in The Roku.  The standalone channel has never worked properly as it reboots on every streaming show I launch as well as does not respond to the controller pause or fwd/back commands

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn doesn’t stream properly on Roku TV

Hello! @Jbunch,

Thanks for the post,

We are sorry to hear about your Acorn TV. We are happy to help.

Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel?

Follow these steps in order:

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel.'
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart.
  3. Once your player starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen and add the channel again.

We'd also recommend refreshing your home network connection by rebooting your wireless router and internet modem if you are experiencing an issue with a channel loading condition.

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos