Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn & Britbox programs will not load and keep returning to LOADING

Jump to solution

Hi @lshacke,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? When did you notice the issue had occurred? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

Thanks,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lshacke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is basically only happening on BritBox ... EXCEPT I did notice it happening on Angry Birds Space game?  We're using all our other channels fine including Netflix, Acorn, and Disney+.  I probably haven't tried to use the Angry Birds Space game for several years and I just happened to try it the other day and it does behave the same way as BritBox; that is, I select the channel, it acts like it's trying to contact/login (spinning wheel), but then just returns to the previous page.  Someone suggested trying it several times in a row but that didn't help. I'm constantly trying to get updates for both the Roku and the BritBox channel. I've tried several iterations of removing the BritBox channel and rebooting the Roku.

I don't care about the Angry Birds thing I was just mentioning it as a comparison.

Model: 4200X - Roku 3

Serial#: 1GS3AA123193

Device#: ?

OS/Version: 12.0.0  Build 4184-04

Tracker ID: 93-276-511

GC Version: 9.4.20

If I select the BritBox channel it spins like it's going to login and then it just reverts back to the home screen. I've had extensive chat discussions with BritBox and they just say they're working on it. This has been going on for over a month.

Paperino
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry, no help to offer, but I am having the same problem. I spent a lot of time with Britbox trying to resolve. Ultimately, they said it was not them but Roku. 

"Remove channel" is not an option as it is for every other channel. I went as far as buying a new Streaming Stick 4K today, and I have the same problem. It seems built into my account as my old settings were transferred to the new stick. Very frustrating. I am trying to connect with Roku with no success. I may cancel Britbox, and start over.

0 Kudos
CouchMom
Reel Rookie

Re: Britbox programs will not load and keep returning to HOME SCREEN

Jump to solution

Problem DOES NOT self correct!!!!!!

HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE SINCE FEBRUARY 2023. I EMAIL BRITBOX ONCE EVERY MONTH. THEY ONLY SAY "WORKING ON SOLUTION".

OBVIOUSLY THEY DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I HAVE A ROKU ULTRA. I BELIEVE THEY NEED THE ROKU PEOPLE TO HELP THEM SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED REPEATEDLY AND THE APP STILL CRASHES BACK TO THE HOME SCREEN

0 Kudos
Paperino
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

CouchMom, I did a lot with BritBox and they determined it had to be a Roku problem. I had a lot of back-and-forth with Roku via phone and email. I asked for a pro-rated refund for the remaining months of BritBox, but preferred a solution to the problem. I worked with them some more and ended up with a refund. I used the Tracker ID (home button x5 then left arrow x5) when the issue occurred. That gave some info that tech people could use, but it didn't seem to help. I had the same problem with a free app as well. In the end, I created a new Roku account using a different email. Did a factory reset, used new account, and loaded my favorite apps. Doing a trial week of BritBox, and if there are no problems will let it autorenew. I do think the problem is Roku's, as this same issue happens with many people over different apps. So far there are no issues with the new account; all the apps are playing fine (which further reinforces that it is not the stick or other hardware). I and they have no idea as to why things are fine one day and then this starts. I'll try my old account on another stick in a few months to see if anything has changed. I'm also watching these boards to see if a solution is found. 🤞

CouchMom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the great info. 

0 Kudos
lshacke
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi All,

BritBox still no worky on Roku. Still not sure if it's Roku or BritBox. After 2 1/2 months was able to get a prorated refund on my annual BritBox subscription. Accessed BritBox channel via Amazon Prime video and am having no issues. Monthly subscription instead of annual but I probably will start doing monthly across the board to ensure flexibility in case of issues like these amongst other things.

0 Kudos
UltraTampa

Jump to solution

Removed the BritBox app, did a factory reset, several times, no help. Other apps asked for UN and pw,  not BritBox.  BritBox works on apple phone and can screen share to Roku ultra - easy setup. Britbox does work as "BritBox on Roku" and the price is now the same  89.99/yr

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having this problem now (21/05/2024); can't access BritBox or Acorn.

I wonder if I have too many programs on my Watchlist or on my Recently Viewed list. I've noticed that I can't delete anything from my RV list. So, I'm just musing that perhaps my sector of the ROKU computer bank is too full?? Sounds stupid, I know but sometimes the hardest problems have the simplest answers.

Perhaps I should cancel BB and Acorn on Roku and sign up with them directly. Hmm.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.