Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldSchoolHuman
Reel Rookie

3941X Express non-stop humming

I just purchased a 3941X Express 4K and have non-stop humming. Has there been a solution found to this problem yet? I’ve found a few posts but no mention of a solution. I’ve tried different HDMI ports on the tv, powering it by TV USB or a home outlet, even swapped HDMI cable, power cord, and power adapter for known functional ones with no change. SW says it’s up to date - 11.5.0 build 4312-CR. I’ve run out of things I can check so any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3941X Express non-stop humming

@OldSchoolHuman-

I don't have any solutions for you, but to help those who might ...

Do you hear this humming coming from the Roku itself, or is it coming through the TV (and/or sound system) speakers?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
OldSchoolHuman
Reel Rookie

Re: 3941X Express non-stop humming

Thanks Makaiguy. The humming comes through the tv speakers and/or the sound bar. If I mute the TV the humming stops. If I go to another TV input not plugged into the Express the sound also stops. 

0 Kudos