Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Watching the ROKU cameras from a PC/Mac

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @CNFishead!

We hear you and appreciate your input. As of the moment, the Roku Smart Home app isn't compatible with computers. No worries. We'll take note of this and will let the team know, as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. 

Please be aware that the Roku platform is always upgrading and updating its features, so we highly appreciate your feedback. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
cmbtrok
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding.    

I sure hope your response team addresses this and puts it on the agenda.  having this capability available would really be a great feature asset for your system. Many users spend a considerable amount of time on their computer systems and ability to do basic premise surveillance in a window while working is highly desired. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

No problem at all, @cmbtrok!

Indeed, we will take note of this as your convenience and satisfaction are what we aim for. We highly appreciate your feedback, as this is what makes the Roku streaming/smart home platform better. 

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than happy to listen and take appropriate action.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

we all know that android emulators will strain the resources of even the most gaming equipped pc's on thre market and cause them to bog down why is this suggestion always someone's answer when this is the case? i don't want my pc bogging down and freezing up wouldn't it be more freezable to just have an app crated for windows that could also be downloaded from the Microsoft store?

Muskyboy

Jump to solution

Roku can give these cameras away and nobody will use them if they cannot monitor them for a PC or Mac, like AT WORK!

0 Kudos
Mr429er
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
apk file on emulator
0 Kudos
gomester
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

They truly are apparently and just want to complain rather than utilize a perfect solution.

Kangey13

Jump to solution

I use blue stacks it runs pretty well on it. And if you have the 360 it will function. Just drag the screen

0 Kudos
gomester
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Somebody had mentioned ldplayer and i'd never heard of it.  I've been using it now and love it.  You can have multiple instances too and the memory/cpu utilization is nothing.  Open the camera, pin the window to the bottom of your screen and you're set.  

0 Kudos
Puppypunter
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wyze does have the option to be watched on the PC via a regular web browser. You have to have a Cam Plus though. They’ve been doing that since 2022. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.