Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatCat2
Streaming Star

Is there a Roku camera app for a desktop?

Jump to solution

I can't always use the Roku app on my smartphone.  I would like to be able to use my desktop computer for monitoring the security footage or downloading footage direct to my computer.  Does Roku not have this as an option?

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is there a Roku camera app for a desktop?

Jump to solution

@CatCat2, Roku does not have this as an option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
reynaldofranco
Reel Rookie

Re: Watching the ROKU cameras from a PC/Mac

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
reynaldofranco
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

conect cameras to my computer

0 Kudos
gomester
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep, exactly what I mentioned earlier in this thread.  As long as you're not running hyper v, BlueStacks works just fine.  That or a Roku player to a monitor is the only way.

Additionally, many don't realize but Roku cameras are just rebranded wyze cameras with a Roku app rather than a wyze app.  Given that, I wouldn't expect a web app unless wyze creates it first.

Amosdway

Jump to solution

There is a way to do this on pc using the Windows Subsystem for Android, WSA Tools, and obtaining the Smart home APK from APKpure
Prerequisites:
1. Make sure Windows Subsystem for android is installed:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-mobile-apps-and-the-amazon-appstore-on-windows-f...

2. Download and install WSA Tools form the Microsoft app store
https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9N4P75DXL6FG

3. Download the Roku Smart Home app from APKPure
https://apkpure.com/roku-smart-home/com.roku.rokuhome

Steps:
DO THIS FIRST! -  After completing the prerequisite installs, Launch WSA tools, it will prompt that ADB is not installed, this is required, so select the prompt to install it and choose the location you want the ADB installed.

After that completes, you should be presented with the option to install an APK, select that and choose the APK for Roku smart home that you downloaded, Wait for the process to complete.

Launch Roku smart home from you start menu, and sign into your roku account, 

You can now view and access live streams and recording on your windows PC. 

AMate23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I use Bluestaks on my PC to view the Roku Smart app and the Wyze Camera app too. Bluestaks is an Android platform that works on the Windows system and works with numerous Android applications. Side Note: I hope this answer helps to answer your inquiry better than the clown answering you with a useless, "No". Just goes to prove they don't know what they're talking about, and therefore their replies should not be considered as valid. Just because they didn't find a solution that actually works, it doesn't mean that an alternative solution isn't available. Download and use Bluestaks for tunning Roku Smart, Wyze, and 99.99% of all Android-based applications.

0 Kudos
AMate23
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Download and use Bluestaks for all of your Android applications. Works great on all Windows PC's and Laptops

0 Kudos
jlmezenen

Jump to solution

I use LDplayer on my pc to watch the camera

CNFishead

Jump to solution

Its interesting that after several months, this issue hasnt been worked on for Roku, its not that hard or encumbersome from a software standpoint, to emulate the screen that they use for the TV to be on PC, This seems to be an issue of "lack of care" for the customers, and is a serious negative against Roku...

Roku, if you see this, fix it... i know you can. we should be able to access our cameras wherever we have internet as long as we can log into our accounts.