Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tired1
Reel Rookie

Re: Home monitoring set up stuck on Allow Critical Allerts

I had my daughter add the app to her android phone. I then completed the setup. Signed out from her app and had her delete it. I signed back in on my iphone and everything was working. Roku should probably fix that iphone app.

0 Kudos
anduro

Hi John, I did try it on two different iPhone's and both had the same problem. I've ordered an Android tablet and am going to try it on that - sounds like @Tired1 had success with Android, pointing to an issue on the iOS version of the app.

Thanks for the confirmation @Tired1 !

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We just wanted to give you a heads-up that the latest update should have fixed the issue. We would recommend checking for an update with the Smart Home app. We'll be closing this thread now. If the problem crops up again, just create a new thread to let us know.

All the best,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dylanknowles414
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to complete Home Monitoring setup on iOS devices

*update no one from Roku has been able to solve. I was in Home Depot yesterday and seen ring has a start kit on sale for 125 which is only 25 more then I paid. It’s been 3 weeks so I’m returning the system before I’m stuck with something that doesn’t work. Will be getting the ring system.

0 Kudos
GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

iOS app version v3.0.1 (0) resolved the setup issues (I guess that falls into the "other bug fixes" in the release notes).

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings Community users,

We really do appreciate you for letting us know about this and we're sorry for the inconvenience about this. We'll need reinforcement from the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and we'll need your help.

In addition to your statement, please also share the details below.

• Brand and model of your mobile device
  • iOS or Android version
  • iOS app version

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GregoryJordanM
Channel Surfer

Here is that information in my case:

Brand/Model: Apple iPhone 15 (I tried an iPad as well, but I don't know the model off the top of my head)
iOS Version: 17.5.1 at the time of the problem (17.6 now --- but that was after the v3.0.1 (0) release that fixed my problem)
iOS app version: Problem existed on v3.0.0, resolved on v3.0.1 (0)

I did still have to delete the whole system and re-add it again to finally get the Pro Monitoring subscription to show up, but that worked fairly well.

0 Kudos
RokuRey-V
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @GregoryJordanM,

Thank you for providing us with this valuable information.

We have forwarded the matter to the relevant team for a thorough investigation. We will keep you informed and provide updates as soon as we have more details.

We kindly request your patience and understanding as we diligently work to address and resolve the issue.

Regards,
Reyn

Rey V.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.