Cameras & doorbells

Discover how to use Roku cameras and doorbells in your home. Join the community discussion for installation tips, troubleshooting, resources, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunny167

Smart Home Active Subscription Not Recording Videos

Good afternoon,

I have two indoor cameras that I monitor with the app. How can I get both to record and see the events from both. Right now I can only see one and it stopped recording this morning.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Smart Home Active Subscription Not Recording Videos

Why can’t my Roku Home app record events And I do have a subscription It won’t send a notice whenever it’s triggered now

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@JonathanBarnett-

[Edit -- Thread now appears to have been moved to Roku Smart Home > Cameras & doorbells]

You've posted in an area supporting Roku TV streaming devices.

Are you asking about events on a Roku camera?   If so, you'll probably get more help by posting in the Smart Home area: https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Smart-Home/ct-p/roku-smart-home

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

No videos are saved to cloud after I paid for the subscription. I reinstalled and still didn't work. I went to the individual camera to try to view them and it say no videos in album. The only videos I can see is the ones on event tab but they only have the last 6 recordings. It's only saving the last 6 recordings. There is always a problem with this roku smart system y'all need to get it together. It's a good product if y'all can actually make it work. How do I fix this issue or can you all fix this?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JonathanBarnett @Arobinon002,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for flagging us about this, and sorry for the late response. Please be aware that our engineering team is aware of this issue. We'll need your help to provide an update.

Please share the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Fedupwtech

I'm ready to through everything "Roku" in the trash where it belongs! Horrible performance, software and well you get the idea! I'm sure their willing to fix everything for $40 a month 😂 Apparently the word "smart" means something different than what I thought. Set it all up and it worked great for awhile. Slowly things began to erode. Now nothing works! Garbage, save your money, get a dog instead!

0 Kudos

I have the indoor cameras.... and At first they worked GREAT !!!! Then a few months later I stopped getting notifications.... annoying but I accepted it cause I tried everything to fix it. Then they stopped recording... I'll get random recordings from one camera but the second one I get NOTHING.  I've un-installed and reinstalled the app, deleted devices and added them back,  updated them,  restarted and updated my phone.... still NOTHING.  I pay the monthly subscription for the two,  I've followed all the tips and tricks posted on here..... multiple times. I'm ready to chunk them in the trash and cancel my subscription. There's no point in having cameras if they won't record when I need them to. Watching live is the ONLY thing I can do.... and that doesn't help if I have intruders cause I can't stay on my phone 24/7 when I'm not home.  Please fix this..... I love roku and would hate to have to swith to ring or something else

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @Sunny167 @RaynebowBryte88,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this issue you're experiencing with your Indoor camera no longer recording. Please be aware that this is currently under investigation. We'll make sure to drop in some updates here if we have it available.

Please also share the with us the details below.

• Log ID: From the camera, go to settings gear > support > submit log
  • Firmware version
  • Brand of the device

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Uckybay
Channel Surfer

Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build32-gf

Here are 5 MACs from my cameras that I AM NOT getting notifications from.

7C67AB516278

7C67AB4C3BE3

7C67AB4F6F37

7C67AB4C031C

7C67AB4C4A6B

Here are 2 MACs that I am getting notifications from.

7C67AB41B1A2

7C67AB41B79B

I have factory reset the cameras, deleted the cameras from the app and re-added them. Those steps did not fix the problem. 

0 Kudos
Uckybay
Channel Surfer

Re: Firmware 6.0.0 build32-gf

Seems like they could put the previous firmware back on the cameras for now, until they get this mess resolved.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.