Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Provogeek

Roku smart home app will not verify my email address

I am having email activation issues myself trying to setup a new Smarthome device.  Doorbell camera is brand new, never been setup before.  Installed the Roku SmartHome app on my Android phone, and entered my Roku account credentials.  Once logged in I am presented with a Check your email message.  It is noted on the message presented that the screen will auto update once activated.  Monitoring email for the past couple of days, I have yet to receive any activation email from Roku to allow me to begin using my device.  Tried to get help from the online support (ticket #7727585), and Roku support was less than helpful.  I don't think Niqs understood the problem I was asking help for.  I was told activation wasn't needed and sent a KB article to help with the setup.  The KB article stated the Smarthome app is necessary for the setup.  Need the activation to use the Smarthome app.  Activation email is not being sent.   I received order confirmation email from Roku and marketing email from Roku with out any problems, why is the activation email not working?

Searching through the forums for a clue to a solution I find the activation email not being received is a common issue for Roku customers.  How much revenue are you guys losing by folks returning products they can't activate due to this long standing problem with activation emails?  Can you guys please get a workaround in pace or get the problem fixed already?  I find posts from 2021 with this problem.  Its been going on way to long and needs the highest attention from Roku.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku smart home app will not verify my email address

Hi @Provogeek,

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the activation issues you have encountered with the Roku Smart Home. Please be advised that we have passed along your information and concerns to the Support team, and they will follow up and assist you further.

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter.

Sending you the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.