Smart home app

Learn how to use the Roku home app to control the smart devices in your home. Join the online community forum for troubleshooting tips and helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rleatherwood1
Channel Surfer

Re: New indoor camera, notifications on, nothing coming through

the screen shots showing the notifications are on. Additionally I’ve reinstalled the app and re started the camera. 

7C4339FB-C25F-46B7-8E80-722C7B26133F.png

F39B24D4-52F1-4B08-87EB-817C38FA4F1C.png

0 Kudos
josh2007

I also have the same problem as well. I have no rules or routines set. I get notifications about all my other cameras except the new spotlight I installed 3 days ago. It does record events in the app, but no notifications come from this camera. I have notifications turned on in both the app and my android system. I can't seem to find an option to add the screenshots. 

Screenshot_20230304_235902_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230304_235839_Smart Home.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hello @josh2007 @rleatherwood1 

Thanks for posting in the Community regarding not receiving notifications from the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

It looks like both of you have done a great deal of troubleshooting already. I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rleatherwood1
Channel Surfer

I wanted to add an update that today, I started receiving sound notifications, but still no motion notifications (person, pet, package, etc.). I tried once again shutting off notifications and turning them on, but are still not receiving motion notifications 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @rleatherwood1 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your notifications on your Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Can you please provide us with screenshots of how your notifications are setup on your Roku Smart Home mobile app for that specific device that you are seeing this issue occur with?

With screenshots of how your notifications are setup, we will be able to provide you with further assistance.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rleatherwood1
Channel Surfer

There is no option to attach a screenshot to this thread. Uncertain if this option must be allowed as I was able to previously once but not another time. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @rleatherwood1 

Thanks for the follow up.

You can upload a screenshot or image by clicking the camera icon when posting in the Community. If you are using a mobile device and do not see the icon, you may need to upload the image through a computer.

Please let us know if you are still having difficulty uploading the screenshot and we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back your response.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rleatherwood1
Channel Surfer

743199CD-2C9F-45ED-8F65-6D5FFA1D431B.png

The icon is there sometimes and not others. Here is the screenshot showing all my motion and sound notifications turned on. I’m only receiving sound notifications not motion. I also tried turning the motion notifications off individually and back on but I am still not receiving motion notifications. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @rleatherwood1

Thanks for the follow up regarding not receiving notifications from the Roku Smart Home mobile app.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos